We're going backwards! Here are some pictures from Christmas...

Helping Daddy decorate the tree

The Christmas countdown chain Abigail and I made

One of Abigail's favorite toys is a "Little People" Christmas Nativity set, which she plays with all year long. She loves to reenact the story of Jesus's birth--starting with the angel's announcement to Mary: "Don't be afraid, Mary. God has chosen you!" (It really cracks me up to hear my two-year-old say this!) But her favorite part of the whole thing is crowding all the people and animals around the manger to look at baby Jesus. ("Come see the newborn King!
Everyone can come!") This is the part she always drags Erik and/or me over to see. So precious!

Christmas morning at our house, opening a present from Grandma Weiler, who knows the perfect gift for a two-year-old...
Oh, someday I'm going to miss this wonderful age when breakfast cereal is no longer the most exciting Christmas present ever...

Later on that afternoon at Grandma Heiss's house: Here are Erik's dad and younger brother, Ben--one in his Christmas pajamas because he got to sleep in and the other in his hospital scrubs because he did
not get to sleep in!

Making a cool bead necklace with Grandma Heiss, definitely a big hit. She wore it around her neck till she went to bed that night.

Waiting patiently for her next turn...

We all enjoyed watching Abigail open her presents. It was the same reaction every time: the jaw would drop as she started to unwrap the gift, we would all ask in unison "What is it?!" Then, still wearing her this-is-the-best-present-any-kid-could-dream-for expression, she would say, "
I don't know!" 
A cookie set!

Looking through Great-grandma Bankhead's new "brag book" from all the grandkids!

Wonderful Aunt Gayle taking care of Anne

We even witnessed a Christmas miracle: they all played with
their own presents!

Except for Uncle Dave. He played with Emmy's.
Great-grandma and grandpa Heiss came down from Michigan to celebrate too.

Here's Abigail trying out the gift Santa brought for Mommy and Daddy!
The sweetest gift of all

Somehow I don't have any pictures to show for the time we spent with my side of the family! (probably because I'm always too caught up enjoying the company and conversation that I never think of getting the camera out of the diaper bag...) Guess I'll have to "borrow" some from one of my more responsible siblings and post them later!
1 comment:
i love that Abigail loved on her toys without even knowing what they were. so cute.
Post a Comment