Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I've been tagged...

7 Things I want to do before I die
1) Get organized
2) Attain my bachelor's degree
3) Publish a book
4) Write my life's history
5) Speak Spanish fluently
6) Live in South America
7) Visit some of the places of my dreams -- Italy, New Zealand, and the British Isles are on my list

7 Things I cannot do
1) Make a decent pie crust (still trying, though!)
2) Enjoy salmon (Erik's still in denial about it)
3) Blow a snot rocket, much as I'd like to (.....uh...just kidding)
4) Keep the map of Atlanta straight in my head
5) Navigate malls -- so I just avoid them
6) The split
7) Understand physics

7 Things that attracted me to my spouse
1) His maturity, as unromantic as that sounds
2) The "Latino" in him--that is, he speaks Spanish, which is a language I love, and he wooed me with Spanish love songs (that is, we listened to them in his car). He can also dance like a Latino. Very attractive, in my opinion. Wish it would rub off on me.
3) He is handsome and athletic.
4) His potential to make lots of money. No, just kidding. I was impressed that he was in medical school, though, which showed he was hard working and would be able to provide for a family. Most of all, I appreciated the fact that he wanted to have a family.
5) Those sexy Express jeans. I mean....he dresses very nicely. (thanks to the women in his life who have good taste! Wink, wink, Cindy and Grandma H...)
6) His intelligence
7) I've always known that he loves the Lord and tries to do what's right.

7 TV shows I love

I don't watch any tv shows, so we'll change this to "7 Books I love."
1) The Chronicles of Narnia
2) Anne of Green Gables series
3) David Copperfield
4) Harry Potter series
5) Pride and Prejudice and anything else by Jane Austen
6) Go Forward with Faith - the biography of Gordon B. Hinckley
7) Little Women

7 Sites I visit every day
I don't do much on the computer except check email, submit homework assignments, work on the blog and look at other people's blogs. Not very interesting.

7 Movies I could watch over and over
1) It's a Wonderful Life
2) Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea
3) Pride and Prejudice, A&E version (maybe not over and over-- 5 1/2 hours is a long time)
4) Little Women
5) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
6) A Little Princess
7) Willow

7 Things I look forward to every day

1) Abigail waking up...and Abigail going down for a nap (What? Doesn't that make sense?)
2) Watching Abigail explore the world and blow me away with everything she learns
3) Having quiet time to myself so I can read and do homework or projects
4) Getting the mail!
5) Hearing the key in the door--meaning Erik's home!
6) Making dinner for my family and eating together
7) Reading with Erik before we go to bed





7 comments:

BWei said...

I loved all your lists--it's fun getting to know other parts of you. Michael and I have never heard of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence--sounds like a movie we need to see!

Tracy said...

#4 and 5 of the "Things I look forward to everyday" excite me, too! I LOVE to get the mail...don't know why?

L'Anita Heiss said...

Brittany, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence is a classic. I am not a huge John Wayne fan, but I love him in this movie. Better yet, it also stars Jimmy Stewart, and I AM a big fan of his.

mkfordham said...

Very sweet, L'Anita! And the pics of Abigail are sooooooooo cute!

Yoselin said...

I enjoyed reading at your post! THanks ♥

Anonymous said...

I "tuned in" too late to vote for the residency program, but I completely vote for Vanderbilt. Then you could be by us. I kind of lurked over here from Carrie's blog. Email me at blasson@tds.net and I'll add you to my blog. Your family's adorable.

Justin said...

"Sexy Express jeans?" Why don't you ask Erik about the story he used to tell everyone...about being runner-up to yours truly in a "tight-jeans" contest!