This week Abigail surprised us by learning to count in Spanish! Erik was swinging with her at the park a few days ago and was counting each of their swings. He got up to "tres" and was taken aback when Abigail shouted, "cuatro!" A few days later, I was counting as I exercised, and Abigail joined in and counted with me (I let her lead out) up to ten! We practiced with her over the next few days, and finally at dinner the other night, after hearing her count to ten perfectly, I turned to Erik, beaming with pride, and said, "We have to get this on video."
Oh, when will I ever learn that children don't perform on demand?
And if at first you don't succeed, try again the next day....and you will still fail.
I'm learning. Slowly.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I just read your family reunion story--WOW. You have a good attitude. I'm glad you had such great memories. And how wonderful that Abby has Clark again! You do have such a cute little girl; definitely heart-melting.
So cute! Love the pictures! Smart little girl!
Way to go guys! She's such a sweetie--she already has such a great personality. Can't wait to meet her some day (hopefully soon).
Your little girl is so cute and smart!!! I love that you guys are teaching her Spanish. Hopefully Caleb teaches his kids, because he speaks a really good Spanish.
By the way I tagged you on my last post. You should check it out ;)
oh that's classic... I love the cuatro... diez!! she's so animated =) keep up the good work
Post a Comment