I mention below that Grandma Heiss saved the day with her famous Belgian waffle recipe. A funny thing happened a couple weeks back when I experienced a culinary catastrophe. I borrowed a recipe out of a family cookbook from the people we are renting from.
Apparently the recipe left out about six cups of water so our batter was more like dough. I figured it was a more authentic type of Belgian food so we tried it and concluded that they can keep their waffles if that is how they like them. More like a loaf of sweet bread.
Here is my Mr. Bean face. A great workout for anyone trying to build up their masseter (muscle of mastication, aka chewing).
We didn't dare leave them out for the deer for fear they might choke. Thank goodness that Grandma's recipe worked. Now we are enjoying wonderful waffles and I am allowed back in the kitchen.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love the Mr. Bean face...I think you should get a rental discount from your landlords for giving you access to a faulty recipe.
Luckily the scorn has been removed and not permanent damage has been done. And since the waste ingredients we used belonged to the apartment I think we can call it even.
Post a Comment