Monday, September 26, 2011

A Change of Scenery

We spent a wonderful week recently visiting my brother Michael and his family in beautiful Harrisonburg, Virginia. We couldn't have spent our vacation more pleasantly or in better company! We spent our drive there and back wishfully thinking about moving there. The Shenandoah Valley country is so beautiful and refreshing, not to mention the awesome neighbors we would have.

While Michael was hard at work during the day and the big kids in school, we played at the park

and later crashed the Children's Museum!



The girls loved playing with cousin Clara after school
and of course being reunited with Uncle Hyrum.
I turned 25 while we were there. Brittany watched the girls while Erik and I had lunch at a scrumptious Greek restaurant she recommended. Afterwards we drove to the arboretum and enjoyed a nice walk around. That evening we had more of Brittany's fabulous cooking, followed by Family Home Evening and then a fun card game after the girls went down. I felt so pampered!

On our last day there, we went to an Amish fall festival. So fun!

Corn Hole: fun and rather addicting

Laundry the old-fashioned way: the girls really got into this
Spinning wool and flax
Pressing apples into cider--yum!

Showing off our cool crafts: these yarn dolls were pretty cute

What could possibly top off a fun morning and fabulous week better than hand-cranked ice-cream?


Thank you, Weilers!


























1 comment:

Katie said...

That looks like such a fun trip! And how come I don't feel a whole 6 years older than you?:)