Thursday, May 14, 2009

An explanation or two

Sorry for our long absence. I feel I owe you an explanation.

Explanation #1: Maya.
Maya is the daughter of a friend of mine, who we have been babysitting full time for the last three weeks. Two little girls have been keeping me much busier than I had anticipated!

Explanation #2: Erik's master's thesis. Erik has been working hard on this the last few months. Often he will work at school all day, come home for dinner, and then get on the computer here to continue working on it after Abigail goes to bed. And since I haven't had much time or energy during the day to work on the blog (up until a few days ago, Maya's naps did not overlap with Abigail's nap, so one of them was always up), the only time I could have spent on it would have been in the evenings. This is a rather lame excuse, though, because I probably wouldn't have worked on the blog even if Erik hadn't been monopolizing the computer. I was very content to sit on the couch for several hours and read. It's a luxury I am usually too busy to indulge in these days.

Explanation #3: This is actually my #1 excuse--at least the one I choose to use the most. Abigail reveals it in the video.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats!! When are you due and how are you feeling?! I need answers to all the usual questions!

Jill said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting! Good luck keeping two little girls busy during this early part of pregnancy. lol. It'll give you a glimpse into life with two kids, right?
That's awesome news - thanks for sharing.
Abigail did an awesome job with the announcement. She seems so pleased with herself. :)

Sheree in GA said...

Congrats!!! Very exciting.

Melissa said...

I knew it before I watched the video! Yea! I'm so excited for all of you. Fill in the gaps. . . when are you due, how far along are you etc. I love Abby's reveal.

amberella said...

Congrats!!!! That is wonderful news. Cant wait to hear the details.

Tracy said...

Yippee!!!!

Caleb, Shannyn, and Clark Weiler said...

Abs, sorry, I mean Abigail (jk,lol) is so cute in this video and so funny to me. I think it is the cheering at the end that is so funny to me. I am not sure if she is cheering for the baby or for herself!!

Unknown said...

Congrats George! That's exciting! How are you guys doing anyways?

Shannon said...

Congratulations you two! That is wonderful news! Life is even more fun the more rugrats that grace your home...at least I am pretty sure that's right :)

Yoselin said...

Congratulations!!!