Friday, June 1, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

The last weekend in May was quite an eventful one for our family. Erik's younger brother, Ben, graduated from Tucker High School on Friday, and we attended graduation with all his family. On Saturday we took the grandparents, Uncle Karl, Aunt Karen and cousin Kaitlyn to the Georgia Aquarium and had a wonderful time, despite the Memorial Day weekend crowds. On Sunday Erik blessed Abigail in church, and Erik's dad was released from being Bishop. Then Monday morning we all drove to Stone Mountain Park for family pictures! I've posted a few below.
Abigail slept through most of the picture taking. I guess that was better than having her cry the whole time. However, there are only so many cute ways you can pose a sleeping baby!
Ok, it's a little cheesy...
Sleeping Beauty and two very happy parents

In front of the grist-mill at Stone Mountain
Abby waving (of course she was awake BEFORE the photographer arrived!)

Abby conked out on Great-grandma's lap. It was an exhausting weekend, even for those of us who don't do anything but eat and sleep all day...

Did I mention it was an exhausting weekend?

At the Georgia Aquarium: I made Erik and Kaitlyn pose in front of the Beluga Whale tank for about five minutes while I tried to get at least some part of a whale in the picture. (Poor Kaitlyn stopped smiling after about 4 minutes...)
This penguin was hilarious to watch! He would inch along until he stood at the very edge of the rock and look down at all the other penguins in the water, but he couldn't muster up the courage to jump! He came very close several times, but at the last second he would lean back and start flapping his little wings to balance himself back upright. There were several little kids in front of the glass window who started a little chant to encourage him ("You can do it! Jump! Jump!") whenever he made as if he were going to jump in, but after about the fifth let-down, their mothers began herding them away. ("Come on, honey, he's not gonna do it. He's too scared.") I hung around a few minutes longer, but he never did jump in.
I just threw this one in because it's cute.

Abby having a really fun time playing with Erik's sister Kris

Abby having a not-so-fun time dancing around the kitchen with Uncle Dave to "I'm a Little Teapot"