Friday, April 6, 2007

Our little Abigail is almost three weeks now and is still just as sweet and adorable as ever. Erik and I feel so blessed. She has been eating and sleeping well and is hardly ever fussy. I have to set the alarm clock each night in order to feed her because she doesn't make enough noise to wake me up when she's hungry! The only time I really ever hear her cry is when Erik and I give her a bath.
The picture to the side here was taken just after we bathed her. Erik always does a nice job combing her hair, but as soon as it dries it goes in all different directions. I'm afraid she's doomed to have my hair, which, in my toddler days, was fuzzy and stuck straight up. Oh, well. She still looks adorable.
Erik and I are adjusting well to our new roles and responsibilities. Erik has been absolutely indispensable these last few weeks as I have been recovering. He's changed far more diapers than I have and is constantly running back and forth to fetch the burp cloth I left somewhere or to dig through a pile of unfolded laundry for a clean outfit as I struggle to remove a loaded diaper
from a squirming baby. He even made me breakfast-in-bed the first week back at home! He has been wonderful, and fatherhood seems to come naturally to him. We feel very fortunate that his surgery team has given him some paternity leave.
As for me, I am feeling great these days. It's wonderful to be up, walking around again and wearing my normal clothes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Abby after her bath. I remember those wonderful days in the basin. We can't wait to see her in a few weeks. Erik, you'll have to let me know when you make it to "500 diaper club" and we'll celebrate. Glad to hear parenthood is treating you well. It just keeps getting better!

Love,
Michael